- 200g Rolled oats
- 50g Raisins
- 50g Dried figs
- 50g Dried apricots
- 50g Walnut kernels
- 50g Hazelnut kernels
- 50g Grated coconut
- 100g Toasted sesame seed
- 6 tablespoons Honey
- 6 tablespoons Sesame oil
- 50ml Water
- Preparation: 15min
- Cooking time: 40min
- Total: 55min
- Preheat your oven at 180°C and grease your parchment paper then set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until you obtain an even texture. You need to make sure that the sesame oil and the honey is evenly distributed to all the dry ingredients.
- Spread the mixture to obtain an even layer of approximately 1cm deep on the parchment paper.
- Put in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes at 180°C. As soon as it starts to get brown you can take it out of the oven.
- Using a knife trace the portion size when it is still warm. Let it cool before slicing into the desired number of bars.
- You can easily store your snack for 4 to 6 days and grab a bite at any time.
Muesli bars are so easy to prepare and makes healthy snacks that are rich in fiber and unsaturated fat. Here, I decided to share with you the basics of the recipe using oats, dried fruits and sesame seed. This recipe is very flexible, which means that you can change those ingredients according to your personal taste. For the sweetener, I decided to use honey which will help in bounding all the ingredients together and of course it will make your snack more delicious.