- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- ¾ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 500g Chicken breast
- 400g Canned beans
- 2 ½ cups Mexican Red Rice
- 150g Cheese
- 200g Canned corn
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ cup Chopped onions
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Red pepper
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Yield: 4
- Mix all the seasoning ingredients in one bowl and set aside.
- Mix the chicken with oil then add the seasoning.
- In a pan, add a little bit of oil and cook the chicken for 4 minutes.
When cooked let it rest for 2 – 3 minutes.
- In the same pan, add the onion and the garlic and cook for 1 minutes.
Chop and add the red pepper to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Chop the chicken and add it to the pan.
- Add the water and the beans to the mixture and let it cook for 3 minutes. Keep stirring the mixture when it cooks.
- Let the filling cool down and cook the rice.
- Prepare your tortillas by heating it up a little bit then lay it on a plane surface.
- Place the rice then the filling. You can add more ingredients on top of the fillings such as cheese and coriander then fold the burrito.
- Wrap in a foil and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Its ready!