- 1 ½ cups mashed banana (approximately 2 to 3 bananas)
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour (190g)
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar (150g)
- 1 Large egg
- 1/3 cup Salted or unsalted butter, softened to room temperature (76g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking time: 50 min
- Total: 1h
- Yield: 1 loaf (4x8 inch)
Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
In a large bowl, mix the butter and the sugar until you obtain a smooth texture then beat in the egg. Add in the mashed banana and the vanilla extract and stir until combined.
In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and the salt. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture.
Grease and flour a 4x8 inch loaf pan and spoon the batter into the pan.
Bake for 50 minutes at 175°C (350°F) in a preheated oven. (To check if the bread is done, insert a toothpick at the center of the loaf and it should come out clean)