- 1.5 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup Chopped apple
- ½ cup Unsalted butter or ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking time: 40 min
- Total: 55 min
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease 8 to 9 inch pan with butter then add a parchment paper and grease on top.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt then add in the chopped apple.
- Using a separate bowl, mix the butter, the yogurt and sugar for few minutes until it softens then add the eggs and the vanilla extract and continue mixing.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and gently mix using a spatula.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until you have the desired texture. Also, you can insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, your cake is ready.