Recipe for your nervous system
- 300g wheat grain
- 280g whole wheat flour
- 100g white flour
- 80g ground almonds
- 80g grated coconut
- 150g cane syrup
- 1 tbsp sesame
- 1 tbsp green anise seeds
- 14 tbsp seed oil
- 200 ml of water
- Crush the wheat.
Boil the water with the anise seeds for 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
When the water is warm, add the rest of the ingredients and knead until you get a homogeneous dough.
Roll it out on your floured work surface until it is 5mm thick.
- Cut out shapes with cookie molds or with an inverted glass and place them on the baking sheet previously oiled. Cook over medium heat until browned on both sides.
- Let them cool and keep them in an airtight container until ready to eat.
Almonds are rich in vitamins B and E and essential fatty acids; sesame and molasses are good sources of minerals and trace elements; and seed oils also provide essential fatty acids, such as linoleic acid.
It is for all these reasons that these cookies are recommended whenever an excess of energy and easily assimilated nutritive elements are necessary for the nervous system and the organism, for example in case of:
- Intellectual efforts (students in exam period)
- Physical efforts (intense work, sports competitions)
- Pregnancy and breast feeding